- The Netherlands is the world’s largest importer of Peruvian fruit and the second largest importer of Peruvian vegetables.
- The main economic sectors in Peru are mining and agriculture.
- The bilateral trade agreement between the EU and Peru makes it more attractive for member states to export to Peru.
- The Dutch embassy in Lima mainly focuses on promoting the export of Dutch know-how and technology to Peru in the leading economic sectors of agri-food, energy, logistics and water.
- Although the Lima embassy mainly promotes Dutch exports to Peru, the country is also eligible for support from various targeted central funds aimed at local development, which are managed by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). For example, the Dutch Good Growth Fund is open to small and medium-sized enterprises in Peru.
- For up-to-date information about trade relations with Peru, see the website of the Dutch embassy in Lima. The website also provides information and useful links about development instruments tailored for the local business community.